Have you ever tried to shrink your waistline using what now may seem to you like the most absurd trick in the book? If so, I’m sure it was frustrating when you didn’t see the results you were hoping for or were promised by the advertiser. So, what’s the plan now?
It’s no secret that what we eat and how we eat can largely impact the way our bodies look… after all, we are what we eat, right? That’s something you’ve all heard before, I bet. Another thing you’ve probably heard before is that our diet accounts for about 75% of our weight management while the other 25% is accredited to exercise.
Most of us, if not all, have struggled with maintaining a small waist at some point or another. Now, a small waist isn’t just for the aesthetics and the sex appeal of it all. Oh no, honey! It’s far more than just looking good in that pencil skirt or crop top or birthday suit if you will… wink, wink. It’s important to maintain a smaller waist for your overall health.
Ever heard of waist-to-hip ratio? Sound familiar? I’m sure it does. Click here for a refresher on the subject if you need it.
The tips I’ll share below may be very familiar to most. They’re pretty self explanatory, so I won’t bore you with the details.
Here’s how I’ve been personally trying to maintain a smaller waist.
Sounds simple, right? It is… but it really isn’t. It’s always a work in progress, and sometimes we fail.
Let’s be absolutely clear about one thing. It is not normal or healthy to go to extreme measures to achieve the tiniest waist possible. Corsets and waist trainers aren’t your best options. In my opinion, that’s just doing too much. Starvation is gonna work against you in so many ways. Bulimia and other eating disorders aren’t worth it. Your best bet is to be mindful of what you are eating and throw some ab workout into the mix. The workout part is for another blog post though. I decided to tackle the nutrition aspect first because like we’ve mentioned before, abs (slim waists) are made in the kitchen.
With that said, I know we have the quarantine snacks on call (I do too) but don’t go overboard with it. The snacks will definitely get us through the difficult time, but when quarantine is over (will it ever be over? 😒) you don’t wanna regret it. ‘Rona might have cancelled plenty of our plans thus far, but fingers crossed, the summer will be better. Be prepared to flaunt your new waist later on in the year.